On November 29th 2009 we blessed Gabriella. It was a great week. Mom and Dad flew in on Wednesday and Matt's Mom, Dad, and Dan, Jenny and Eric and their girls drove in on Wednesday also. It was so much fun to have so much family here with us.
We started by having Thanksgiving at our house on Thursday. Mom and Dad were a huge help with cooking dinner. We had a great time. Our house was full but everything went great. Everyone got along and I appreciated how social Mom and Dad were. On Friday Gabriella and I went shopping with Mom and Dad in the morning. We had fun rummaging around the craft fair and visiting other various stores. Saturday there was more shopping with the Peterson's and Steph and Rhett and their boys came up to stay with us Saturday night. We all left and went to the Fun Park for a night of playing. Kate loves those boys. All the boys slept in her room with her. She was pretty excited for the sleepover but soon after we shut the lights out she was in the hallway with her binkies in hand declaring "I'm awake!" "I'm going to sleep on the couch." We all had a good laugh and since it was then 11pm I decided to just put her in the pack-in-play in our room. She was out in seconds.
On Sunday we arrived early to church. We took up 3 rows in the chapel! Myron and Melinda and their kids came, along with Aunt Kathy, Uncle Ed, Tammy, Eric, and their boys. Mom even ran into Uncle Sherman in the hallway and he came. We were so appreciative of all the support from everyone. I was worried Gabriella would scream through the whole thing but she was as good as gold. Matt gave her a beautiful blessing. I don't remember a lot of what was said but I do remember he said that she would be a great joy to our family and to her siblings. He also said that she would know right from wrong and have the confidence to choose the right. That she would one day be married in the temple and raise righteous children of her own. It was a very sweet blessing for a very sweet little girl.
After church we had everyone over for a baked potato bar and great conversation. Aunt Kathy held Gabriella and loved every moment of snuggling with her. Sunday night most everyone left. It was sad to have them go but we loved all the time we were able to spend with everyone. It was a special weekend for a special little girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment