Sunday, April 11, 2010

Milestones

Two days ago Gabriella started rolling over from back to tummy. It was pretty fun to watch her try and try and then finally do it. She was so proud of herself (or she just prefers the view from her tummy) that she is constantly doing it now. It has amazes me how she doesn't get frustrated, she just tries and tries until she does it. She continues to be a super happy sweet little girl.

Kate also willingly and happily went to Nursery today. I still had to stay with her or the tears started, but it was an improvement from a month ago when she was screaming and clinging to the door frame to keep from going in.

Kate has also learned to navigate two different programs on the computer. She does her alphabet letters all by herself and also the Disney Princess website. It amazes me that a 2 1/2 year old can sit on the computer and play games all by herself. It's a little ridiculous, but she loves playing the games. She also learned this last week how to spell Kate, Mom, and Dad. We're working on Gabriella but it's a little long.

Today was also the first time I've attempted Sacrament meeting by myself with both the girls. Matt didn't get home from work until 6am. He was teaching Sunday School so I knew he was coming but I didn't have it in me to make him get up early with us to go to Sacrament so I got the girls and I ready and we headed to Church. They were both amazingly good which I am so grateful for. Gabriella just stood on my lap and jumped while smiling at all the people behind us. Seriously that girl is so social. She loves to be around people and will smile all day long at anyone that makes eye contact with her. Kate did great folding her arms and trying to sit reverently although half the time she was lying on the bench. It was a good experience over all and I'm so glad we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment