Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Prayer Answered

Yesterday as I was doing nothing out of the ordinary around the house I had a feeling or thought come to me; pray that Matt will have his internship extended. I thought about it for a minute then brushed it off. The feeling left and I continued on my day. A few hours later I remembered again how powerful that thought had entered my mind and what a distinct specific thing it was to pray for. So this time I wandered into my room, by myself, knelt at the side of my bed and prayed.

My prayer was specific, it was specific to those making the decisions about his internship and it was specific about Matt's abilities to work and to impress. After the prayer I didn't feel anything special, no answers came to me, I just felt normal and went about my day as I normally would forgetting all about that special prayer I was told to pray.

Later in the day I received a text message from Matt telling me he was having a meeting with his boss Dave to discuss future opportunities. After the meeting Matt let me know that Dave told him they are 98% sure they will keep him on until the end of the year and then re-evaluate and see what openings they have. Basically they are extending the internship. At that moment the prayer came back to me, and I felt my testimony of prayer grow. The Lord does hear our prayers and our pleadings. I needed to have that experience to remember how aware of us our heavenly Father is. I am so grateful for the blessing being here has been and I am so grateful for a Father in heaven who hears and answers our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment