Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Trying Harder

I'm going to try to start writing in here more often, my goal is daily but we'll see how that goes. Things are going great for us.

Kate is working on potty training, or maybe I should say I'm working on potty training. She has this amazing ability to hold it in as long as she can (she only went 2 times yesterday). She has developed a bit of an independent, defiant streak recently. I try to be patient but I fear I'm not being as patient as I should. She is generally happy and helpful. I love being able to be home with her everyday. The older she gets and the more I think about her going to preschool and kindergarden I start to feel anxiety build inside me. Not because I'll miss her so much (although I will) but I just feel so anxious that someone else will be teaching and taking care of her. I don't know, the world is such a hard place right now. There's so much wickedness I guess I fear for what she is going to have to face when she gets a little older. Ahhh, the joys of parenthood I guess.

Gabriella is almost 8 months old and all I can do is shake my head. This little girl is just as sweet as can be and gives these huge smiles. You can't help but feel happy when she looks at you. She is also about the most decided strong headed little thing I've ever seen. She has so much personality and determination for an infant I sometimes can't believe she is still so little. She wants to be standing and walking constantly. She is very good at voicing her frustrations when she is unable to do what she wants. I can just sense her frustration at her physical limits right now. She usually wants whatever Kate has and is not shy about voicing it. She yells for your attention, or makes really loud grunting noises. She loves any and all food. I swear that girl could eat all day long and still be hungry. I love having her but my goodness, she sure does take up a lot of my energy! I can't even imagine what she'll be like when she's 2.

Matt start school next moth and I think he is excited. His job has been especially demanding lately. We're hoping we'll be able to find a different job in the next few months that will allow him more time at home and more time to spend doing his school program. I sure love and appreciate all he does for our family. We are not rich by any means, but we've never gone without the things that we need in this life. I've never had to worry about not being able to afford food, we have a warm house, clothing, and lots of extras that I'm sure we don't really need! He's been a great provider for our family and I am so grateful to have him.

As for me, I'm just trying harder to educate myself on all sorts of things. It seems we're at kind of a critical point in our Nations history and things are about to change here in America. I've been reading, studying, and trying to learn about our Nations history, and what's going on these days in the world. I try to read both sides of the issues, and form my own opinions. It all kind of came together for me last night and now I know where I stand and why I stand there. It seems so many of our basic freedoms are being taken away from us, the government is growing while the private sector shrinks. Government welfare programs are at an all time high and unemployment keeps growing. After reading the prophets words and the scriptures it seems the same battle that was waged in the preexistence continues today. Satan works hard to take away our agency. He tricks many into believing that Government is the answer, they can save you. There is only one Savior and he will never take away our agency, our freedom, or our right to choose. America was the "chosen land" what an amazing place to have been born, the only true free place in the world. And yet it seems America is forsaking God, turning her back on him and when that happens God will forsake us. I'm trying hard to be more grateful for this country, to be grateful for the men that sacrificed and founded this great nation. Those who were led by the hand of God and established this land as a land of liberty. I don't think I will ever take it for granted again.

No comments:

Post a Comment