Friday, March 16, 2012

Dealing

This last week Kate's been having an issue with a friend at Preschool. Her friend was asking her to do something daily that Matt and I thought wasn't a good idea. It wasn't a big deal but just something we didn't feel was good to do. So when we found out we told Kate that it wasn't a good idea and to please not do it anymore. Kate replied by saying "But she said if I don't she'll be mad at me and won't be my friend anymore." We again told Kate it didn't matter, she needed to make the right choice.

A few days past and I had kind of forgotten about the issue. Kate and I were talking about her day and she said to me, "Oh, I dealt with (Emily) today." Unsure of what she meant I asked her to continue, she went on "I told her I couldn't do that anymore and even if she was mad at me I couldn't because my Mom and Dad would tell Miss Carrie." Then Kate looked at me and said, "Sometimes kids have to deal with other kids like that." "Isn't that good that even me a little 4 year old can deal with a big 5 year old like that?" I told her yes, she did a great job and made the right choice. I was really proud of her, I know it wasn't easy for her to do. I hope she'll continue to make good choices like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment