Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Over a Year, What The Heck!

I've been majorly slacking on my blogging lately.  I'm not sure what it is about the third child, but I just find I don't have the time/energy I did before to get things done.  But I'm going to try to be better. 

In March we moved into a new house, I should say we bought a new house.  We've loved it.  All of our other moves seemed like hard transitions for the kids, they wouldn't sleep well, and just seemed off.  But with this move the opposite happened.  The kids love the house.  Clayton finally started sleeping through the night as soon as we moved him to his own room, and the girls haven't had any problems in their new room either.  We've all loved the house.

Kate graduated Preschool in May, and then went on to do summer preschool the next week along with Gabriella.  Gabriella was pretty excited to be going to Miss Carries.  After preschool ended we started up with swimming lessons with Nancy Page.  Clayton and I sit outside for 2 hours from 11am-1pm (in 100 degree weather) so the girls can take from her.  It's been a little rough for him but he's been a trooper.  The girls have improved a lot, and love going. 

Clayton finally started feeding himself at 11 months old.  Is that crazy or what!  He turned One last Friday, and  barely started to crawl this week.  He only goes a short distance and other than that he continues to sit on his bottom and rock back and forth to get to where he needs to go.  He still loves to hold my hands and walk around, but hasn't mastered standing and holding onto the furniture yet.  He has seemed frustrated by his lack of mobility these days.  I'm grateful he sort of started crawling, hopefully that will bring him some happiness.  I think he is just a super cautious little person and that's why he hasn't crawled or walked much.  I'm always happy when my babies start crawling, even though it means they will get into more things, it brings them so much joy so I'm happy for them. 

Gabriella continues to be a handful.  She is still super happy which I always appreciate but she has an intense little personality.  She yells through the house for me constantly which just about drives me nuts.  She's been really good to play with Clayton, and he adores her.  She loves to be with her family and loves it when we are all together. 

I've been loving Kate at the age of 5.  She tries hard to do what's right and make good choices.  She can be helpful when she wants to be, and is pretty good to not talk back to me.  She notices quickly when I'm frustrated and tries her best to cooperate.  I'm going to miss her next year when she's in school all day.

Other than that things are going pretty good.  Aftin and her family moved to Michigan.  It was a very very sad day for me.  I cried, she cried.  She was really my first and only friend here in Phoenix.  I'm feeling a little lonely and off ever since then.  Hopefully I'll be able to find someone else that will be just as good of a friend as she was to me.  I will miss her a lot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment