Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hiatchi

A couple weeks ago Matt was out of town for the weekend and it was just the kids and I.  We had made it to church but after 2 hours, and all the kids crying at the same time I gave up and we came home.  I decided to just make the best of our time and we watched a movie together.  I picked some dog movie that looked good.  Well in the movie the dog's owner ends up dying and everyday the dog waits at the train station for his owner to come home.  It was seriously sad. I was making the girls lunch when I called over to Kate to come eat.  She didn't move and I thought maybe she had fallen asleep.  I walked over to her and there on the couch she was curled up bawling while watching the movie.  I held her in my arms as she told me how sad it was to watch the dog show up everyday waiting for his owner who had died.  She could not stop crying.  It was so sweet and sad at the same time.  I didn't realize how tender she would be towards the movie.  I sat with her for the rest of the movie, and finally got her all calmed down.  All day after that all she could talk about was the movie Hiatchi and how sad it was.  She is such a sweet girl.  And from now on I'll have to be careful about what kind of movies I pick for us to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment