Saturday, November 14, 2009

Locking Her In

Ever since the time change in October Kate has been waking up between 6am and 6:30am. Matt and I thought it would last a night or two but we've been wrong. The other night while Matt was downstairs with Gabriella sleeping, Kate found her way to my bed all by herself and went right to sleep. I was so tired I never heard her. I happened to wake up at 3am to see her sleeping peacefully next to me. I carried her back to her bed and 3 hours later she was wide awake next to my bed saying "Good morning mom."

I finally had enough of her helping herself out of her room after we would put her to bed so I switched the lock on her door and started locking her in her room. Matt didn't want me to but for my own sanity I decided it was necessary (Sorry Kate). Ever since then we've all been sleeping better. Kate is much happier during the days because when we put her to bed she has to stay there and she isn't waking up as early (or maybe she is, I wouldn't know). Either way we've all been smiling a little more around our house. I've decided locking her in is actually a really good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment