Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sick Days and Pictures

Kate woke up this morning at 4:30am, not feeling too well. She wanted to go downstairs and watch a movie. I took her down, set up a movie, and tried to help her feel better. I took her temperature and found it rather high. We were supposed to have Joy School at our house today which I had to cancel. I was luckily able to get Kate into the Dr. at 9am, they checked her out and determined she has a nasty sinus infection. The poor girl, she's been pretty out of it today. Luckily the medicine is helping ease some of the symptoms. I sure hope she gets better soon.

Tonight while Matt and I were trying to give her the medicine she needs to take, she was completely refusing and screamig she didn't want to take it. We decided to try to force it down her throat. The poor thing was laying on Matt's lap screaming, thrashing around trying to get away. I put a little in her mouth but because of her screaming she started to gag. She then involuntarily threw up all over Matt. As sad as I felt for Kate, Matt and I couldn't keep from laughing. He had throw up all over his pants. After that I explained to Kate that if you plug your nose and take the medicine you won't taste it. I told her that's how I used to do it when I was little like her. She then stopped crying and took her medicine like it was no big deal plugging her nose the whole time. Who would have known that was all it would take. I was so proud of her for being such a big girl and choosing to take the medicine so willingly.

This afternoon Melissa brought Audrey over to take her one year pictures in the special dress. She was here for about an hour or so and we were able to get some super cute pictures of Audrey. It's so fun being able to do things like that for family and friends. I hope one day I get even better at photography so I can continue to capture those beautiful memories and bring joy into people's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment