Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Today

We had preschool here today which went fine. The kids were pretty wound up and we all enjoyed a few games of Duck-duck-goose, red light green light, and simon says. It's a lot of fun having them here and watching them interact. During preschool I found out Matt did not get the Bank of America internship. I felt pretty crushed, but I guess that's life. I just feel so uneasy not knowing what the future holds for us. It's been hard not having the stability of a steady income, worrying about money to buy food, money to buy the kids clothes, all the things we had been so blessed to not have to worry about for so long. I guess I just never thought I would ever be in this situation in my life. We lowered the house on the price today to 10,000 less than we started at. That means we'll be bringing money to the table to sell it. Basically any and all savings (in other words our tax return) will go towards selling the house, that is if we can sell the house. I know I haven't had as much faith as I need to so I guess this is all a part of the process, learning to trust in the Lord's plan, being humbled, and relying on the Lord more than ever before.

Considering some of the world events going on lately, riots all over in the middle east, fears of raising oil prices, and an unmaintainable amount of debt here in the U.S., I've been a little on edge lately. I've been trying to hug my kids a little tighter, and spend a little more quality time loving them.

It just feels like so much in my life is completely out of my control and up in the air right now. I sure hope I can look back at this time and realize what a great blessing it all was. I guess I need a little uplifting, have faith! Be hopeful, and fill your life with the good and the light, serve those around you, and love the Lord, all things will workout for your good! Hold your head up, things will work out, be grateful for the small things!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment