Sunday, May 22, 2011
Slumber Party
Last night Kate had a really, really late nap. Luckily she work up in a pleasant mood. She was being so cute painting pictures, talking, and giving sweet hugs that we decided to do something really fun last night and have a slumber party with mom and dad. It's not unlike every other night that she sleeps in our bed but tonight we picked out a movie (of her choice) popped some popcorn and cuddled up in bed together. Kate was just about as happy as I've ever seen her. She put one arm around my neck and one arm around Matt's neck and just smiled ear to ear. It was such a tender moment and fun one to get to spend with just her. I'm so grateful I let down my usual expectations of bed time and enjoyed every moment I had to spend with that sweet little girl. About an hour into the movie Matt was out and I was about to fall asleep when Kate exclaimed to me, "Mom I never sleep at Slumber parties!" And that was almost true. It was about 1am before either of us went to sleep. But well worth the tired eyes we all have today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment