Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Bad dreams

Last night I had Gabriella in my bed, she had a nap that day and in true Gabriella form was up until about 11:30pm because of it.  She had just fallen asleep and right as I was about to fall asleep I hear Clayton start to cry over the monitor.  I waitied to see if he would stop but he didn't so I made my way to his room where I watched him for a minute.  He was trying to crawl and sit up in his sleep.  It was kind of cute to watch him try to practice his new skill he's learned.  I rocked him for about 10 minutes until he was sound asleep then layed him back in his bed.  I returned to my bed so happy to finally get to sleep and a minute later Kate was at my bedside crying.  She had a bad dream so I walked her back to her room and laied in bed with her.  She told me her dream was about the "Beast" from the Sandlot.  She kept crying until I told her silly stories to try to make her happy.  After a few funny stories and with tears still streaming down her face she said, "Mom, even though it seems like Heavenly Father doesn't hear your prayers sometimes, because you still have bad dreams, he actually does."  "It's just that sometimes he doesn't answer them the way you want him to."  She told me she had prayed to not have bad dreams but she still did.  My heart literally broke for her.  That is such a hard lesson and concept to understand.  I was so impressed that at 5 years old she still had faith that Heavenly Father was hearing her prayers even if he wasn't answering them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment