The past couple of weeks I've been pushing a "no t.v." rule in our home. It's so easy to let the girls turn it on the morning and then just let them sit there and watch while I get chores done around the house. This was leading to a lot of awful behavior, mostly from Gabriella, and I also noticed that they never played with their toys which made me sad.
The first few days felt like I was fighting an uphill battle. The girls would whine all morning about not watching t.v. But after a couple days they got over it and started playing more. One afternoon they were being really cute playing with each other. Later that night I told Kate how happy it made me that they were playing so nice. She told me while they were playing upstairs, she was being so nice to Gabriella to play what she wanted to play that she almost started crying because she felt the spirit. It was so sweet. I hope she remembers how it makes her feel when she does kind things for others like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment